The Foundation for Black Women’s Wellness (FFBWW) is seeking a full-time Development Manager to help advance our commitment to Empower a Generation of Well Black Women. This position will play a key role in realizing and sustaining our organization’s mission to energize, mobilize and support Black women to transform their lives through education, advocacy and powerful partnerships.
Working closely with the CEO and Executive team, the Development Manager actively supports donor cultivation and relationship building initiatives in alignment with organizational fundraising priorities. The Development Manager will focus on new opportunities to obtain ongoing and increased support from individuals, corporations, public and private organizations, and faith communities.
The right candidate will possess an understanding of non-profit development and have experience leading, planning and coordinating all aspects of organizational fundraising, including donor cultivation, campaigns, major gifts, planned giving, special events, sponsorships, grant writing; and securing gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations by identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding assigned prospects; and managing the successful implementation of campaigns.
Specifically, the Development Manager will be responsible for:
Fundraising & Donor Relations
- Build on FFBWW’s successful fundraising and communications efforts, identifying new potential supporters and partners.
- Implement campaign strategies for donor development and cultivation which will provide a diverse and sustainable funding base.
- Implement a comprehensive written development plan with strategies for donors and prospects in each constituent group including: individuals, foundations, corporations, public and private donors, faith communities, etc.
- Manage donor database, ensuring the integrity and accuracy of constituent information to support timely outreach and communication.
- Manage and staff fundraising campaigns; organize and coordinate the activities of staff, Board members and committees engaged in fundraising efforts.
- Support fundraising by managing donor communication, engagement, and recognition.
- Support grant writing, management and reporting.
- Leverage constituent data for the advancement of the organization’s goals and explore new opportunities for capturing information or more efficiently managing relationships.
- Proofread larger funding proposals.
- Perform foundation and grantor research.
- Prepare background information and conduct research for select donor meetings.
- Assemble folders for meetings and keep materials up-to-date.
- Produce donor acknowledgment letters, solicitation letters, and other sensitive correspondence.
- Develop the pledges/gifts procedures and process for all campaigns.
- Provide periodic reports to the Executive team which measure progress towards achieving fundraising goals.
Marketing, Communications & Public Relations
- Partner with Executive team and Marketing/Communications Coordinator to assist with shaping and carrying out FFBWW’s marketing, communications, and public relations strategy and media relations for maximum positive visibility.
- Represent FFBWW at public events and/or speaking engagements when needed.
- Plan, assist with and attend donor events.
- A passionate advocate for Black Women’s health, and commitment to bringing women and partners together to improve the health of Black Women, families, and communities.
- Proven experience as Development Manager or equivalent position or experience.
- Working knowledge of local donor and philanthropic community.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities, impeccable communication and people skills.
- A strong team player and self-starter with a desire to take on new challenges; time management skills are a must; must be flexible and able to work outside of normal business hours.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with frequent changing priorities.
- Firm grasp of MS Office, Google Business Suite, and various business and project management software.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a relevant field required.
This is a full-time benefits-eligible position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The FFBWW office is located at 6601 Grand Teton Plaza, Suite A2, Madison, WI 53719. The Development Manager will be based out of the Black Women’s Health and Wellness Center.
Submit a resume and cover letter describing your experience and interest in the role, names and contact information of at least 3 professional and personal references, as a single PDF to email@example.com.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. No calls please.
About the Foundation for Black Women’s Wellness
Established in June 2012, The Foundation for Black Women’s Wellness is a Wisconsin based non-profit organization committed to mobilizing Black women to pursue and sustain mind-body-spirit wellness, and to raise the visibility and support of Black women’s health as a community and public health priority.
Empowering a Generation of Well Black Women.
We energize, mobilize and support Black women to transform their lives through education, advocacy and powerful partnerships.
We envision a world where Black women are healthy, thriving, and free.