The Foundation for Black Women’s Wellness (FFBWW) is seeking an Events Coordinator to help advance our commitment to Empowering a Generation of Well Black Women. This position will play a key role in realizing our organization’s mission to energize, mobilize and support Black Women to transform their lives through education, advocacy, and powerful partnerships.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, and working closely with the Office of the CEO, Executive Team, and Programs staff, the Events Coordinator is responsible for supporting and coordinating all enterprise FFBWW events that engage our target audience and key stakeholders. Coordinate logistics of event planning, implementation and follow-up. This includes all aspects of event coordination: invitations and marketing materials, web content and updates, guest list production, communications, tracking RSVPs, registration and seating charts, vendor contracts and relations, soliciting event sponsors, event set-up and breakdown, guest and donor stewardship such as writing thank you letters.
- Provide high-quality coordination and support of internal and external events hosted by the Foundation For Black Women’s Wellness (FFBWW) for staff, target audience(s), donors, partners and community members.
- Responsible for the implementation of the marketing plans and the maintenance of the website for FFBWW.
- Develop sponsorship arrangements and relationships with businesses, individuals and organizations interested in supporting the FFBWW events and activities.
- Planning, implementation and follow-up for special events including but not limited to Wear Red Day and Black Women’s Wellness Day.
- Coordinate event logistics, publicity, including public relations, advertising and collateral material design, production and distribution.
- Develop and maintain event software and databases.
- Manage all aspects of volunteer committees and volunteer coordination, including but not limited to, staffing, recruitment, supervision, training and acknowledgement.
- Responsible for the development and fulfillment of the events budgets.
- Responsible for in-kind donation solicitations for each event.
- Cultivate and expand sponsorship development and fulfillment.
- Cultivate and implement with the COO and CEO a business-based donor development program.
- Send thank you notes to all agency guests and donors in a timely manner.
- Write, submit and follow-up to ensure placement on media releases and stories to established contacts with local and regional media.
- Maintain and broaden social networking to benefit the organization.
- Actively participate in staff committees as necessary and appropriate.
- Assures confidentiality of all data, including sensitive information related to event guests, sponsors/donors, students, volunteers and staff.
- Performs other projects as assigned by the CEO and COO.
- Tech Savvy with a firm grasp of MS Office, Google Business Suite, and various business and project management software.
- Ability to maintain and display enthusiasm for special events among constituents.
- Working knowledge of data management, analysis and performance metrics.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to set priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines to meet stakeholders needs.
- Skilled in preparing and administering budgets.
- Must be flexible and able to work outside of normal business hours.
- Exceptional organizational, time management, analytical, and problem solving skills—must be able to think on your feet and outside the box.
- Ability to display strong interpersonal skills for building lasting donor relationships.
- Self-starter with a desire to take on new challenges.
- A hands-on learner who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment with frequent changing priorities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required or an Associate’s degree with a minimum 5 years related work experience, preferably with a non-profit organization.
- A minimum of 2 to 4 years experience in paid special events is preferred.
- Evidence of successful events, sponsorship, marketing, public relations, website and business development/relationship programs required.
- Event, communication, marketing and/or public relations experience desirable.
- A passionate advocate for Black Women’s health, and commitment to bringing women and partners together to improve the health of Black Women, families, and communities.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- FFBWW offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including employer paid health care benefits, dental coverage, vision coverage, health reimbursement arrangement (HRA), 401k plan with employer match, optional life insurance and disability coverage.
- FFBWW offers 160 hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) in a calendar year (hours are prorated for new hire employees). FFBWW also provides 12 paid holidays per year, plus a bonus day off during your birth month for your birthday.
- This position will be based out of our headquarters in Madison, WI 53719, but it will offer a hybrid work arrangement allowing the flexibility to work a few days a week from home.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
How to Apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter describing your experience and interest in the role, names and contact information of at least 3 professional and personal references, as a single PDF here submit your application. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Contact email@example.com with any questions. No calls please.
About the Foundation for Black Women’s Wellness
Established in June 2012, The Foundation for Black Women’s Wellness is a Wisconsin based non-profit organization committed to mobilizing Black women to pursue and sustain mind-body-spirit wellness, and to raise the visibility and support of Black women’s health as a community and public health priority.
Our purpose. Empowering a Generation of Well Black Women.
Our mission. We energize, mobilize and support Black women to transform their lives through education, advocacy and powerful partnerships.
Our Vision. We envision a world where Black women are healthy, thriving, and free.