The Foundation for Black Women’s Wellness (FFBWW) is seeking a full-time Health & Wellness Program Coordinator to help advance our commitment to Empower a Generation of Well Black Women. This position will help in realizing and sustaining our organization’s mission to energize, mobilize and support Black women to transform their lives through education, advocacy and powerful partnerships.
Reporting directly to the Director of Health & Wellness Programs, the Health & Wellness Program Coordinator will be responsible for effectively managing relationships, communication, workflows, and key day-to-day administrative and programmatic tasks between a diverse group of volunteers, ambassadors, instructors and partners.
- Provide top-notch project coordination and support to staff and partners to promote and achieve the goals and success of the FFBWW suite of health & wellness programs, including, but not limited to, Project Live Well, Cancer & Lupus Support Groups, Morning Coffee, Walking Collective, Blood Drives, Annual Wear Red Day Event, Well Black Woman®️ Markets and Well Black Woman®️ Business Academy.
- Coordinate the day-to-day work, communications, meetings, and activities of FFBWW staff and partners engaged in leading and implementing the wellness programs.
- Plan, schedule, prepare, attend, and execute internal and external project meetings.
- Record and maintain meeting minutes and notes.
- Coordinate, inform and execute project planning, implementation, and reporting.
- Support grant writing and reporting efforts.
- Aid in the management, production, monitoring, updating and execution of project timeline, priorities, and deliverables.
- Work collaboratively with FFBWW leadership team to support internal systems and processes, including oversight of project volunteers, ambassadors, contractors, and interns.
- Organize and store project documents with impeccable integrity and confidentiality.
- Assist with transaction documentation and reconciliation.
- Assist with project related special events planning and implementation.
- Facilitate and assist with community outreach and engagement, both in-person and virtually, through various modalities of marketing and communications.
- Coordinate social media, including day-to-day management and maintenance of social media accounts.
- Create content and implement promotions on social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tiktok, YouTube and Mighty Networks.
- Maintain online learning resources and engagement platforms that support community building and centers well-being, healing, growth and optimal health, and deepens participant engagement with FFBWW.
- Maintain annual program plan, ensure participant check-ins, and pre and post evaluations to measure program effectiveness and impact.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment with frequent changing priorities.
- Tech Savvy with a firm grasp of MS Office, Google Business Suite, and various business and project management software.
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and problem solving skills—must be able to think on your feet and outside the box.
- A strong team player who is also a self-starter with a desire to take on new challenges.
- Must be flexible and able to work outside of normal business hours.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities, impeccable communication and people skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- An experienced professional with a background in program and project support coordination, as well as a background in a health-related field.
- A passionate advocate for Black Women’s health, and commitment to bringing women and partners together to improve the health of Black Women, families, and communities.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary range: $35,000 - $45,000 annually.
- FFBWW offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including employer paid health care benefits, dental coverage, vision coverage, health reimbursement arrangement (HRA), 401k plan with employer match, optional life insurance and disability coverage.
- FFBWW offers 160 hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) in a calendar year (hours are prorated for new hire employees). FFBWW also provides 12 paid holidays per year, plus a bonus day off during your birth month for your birthday.
- This position will be based out of our headquarters in Madison, WI 53719, but it will offer a hybrid work arrangement allowing the flexibility to work a few days a week from home.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
How to Apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter describing your experience and interest in the role, names and contact information of at least 3 professional and personal references, as a single PDF here submit your application. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Contact email@example.com with any questions. No calls please.
About the Foundation for Black Women’s Wellness
Established in June 2012, The Foundation for Black Women’s Wellness is a Wisconsin based non-profit organization committed to mobilizing Black women to pursue and sustain mind-body-spirit wellness, and to raise the visibility and support of Black women’s health as a community and public health priority.
Our purpose. Empowering a Generation of Well Black Women.
Our mission. We energize, mobilize and support Black women to transform their lives through education, advocacy and powerful partnerships.
Our Vision. We envision a world where Black women are healthy, thriving, and free.