The Foundation for Black Women’s Wellness (FFBWW) is seeking a Marketing, Communications, and Events Coordinator to help advance our commitment to Empowering a Generation of Well Black Women. This position will play a key role in realizing our organization’s mission to energize, mobilize and support Black Women to transform their lives through education, advocacy, and powerful partnerships.
The Marketing, Communications, and Events Coordinator will be a key driver in establishing processes to elevate awareness and visibility of all Foundation programs, initiatives, and events. The ideal candidate is a solutions-oriented problem solver who can leverage their marketing expertise and project management skills to ensure an authentic and engaging voice and image across all marketing and communication efforts. This creative, highly-organized Coordinator will also play a key role in implementing unforgettable events and experiences to build momentum and deep participant and partner engagement in all of the Foundation’s work.
Specifically, the Marketing, Communications, and Events Coordinator will be responsible to:
Marketing and Communications Coordination
- Coordinates the Foundation’s marketing projects and campaigns.
- Facilitates media plan, editorial calendar and internal and external communications
- Collaborates with the department leads to design and execute internal and external communication strategies.
- Prepares draft materials, presentations and other marketing communications for launches, campaigns and other programs, initiatives, and services.
- Maintains project plans to successfully move all projects forward in a timely, collaborative and efficient manner.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to plan, develop, and deliver digital and written content that enhances the Foundation’s image and connects the organization to both current and prospective audiences.
- Creates copy, maximizing impact in advertising, direct marketing, collateral materials, website and landing pages, emails, blogs, videos, webinars, and memos.
- Acts as a strong FFBWW brand ambassador ensuring all marketing collateral reflects and adheres to organizational branding standards.
- Maintains and updates organization websites.
- Monitors state of current materials – revises existing copy and collateral as appropriate, archives outdated versions, and leverages digital whenever possible.
Effective Writing and Storytelling
- Shares the impact of the Foundation’s work through effective storytelling and writing.
- Writes, designs, implements and updates marketing campaigns and web and digital content to elevate the Foundation’s image and awareness.
- Collaborates with across-functional groups to establish clear, tangible objectives while leveraging strategic thinking.
- Coordinates and gathers materials to support completion of organization annual report.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to identify requirements and expectations for key events; brainstorm and implement event concepts and themes.
- Support event management, including but not limited to researching and booking venues, organizing speakers, contractors/suppliers, caterers, staff, and entertainment, anticipating attendee needs, and making preparations.
- Coordinate logistical elements of events, including but not limited to supporting digital platform set up; managing setup, tear-down, and clean up operations of in-person events; and participant registration and communications.
- A passionate advocate for Black Women’s health, and commitment to bringing women and partners together to improve the health of Black Women, families, and communities;
- Minimum three years professional experience in Marketing and Communications or related field;
- A hands-on learner who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment with frequent changing priorities
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills—must be able to think on your feet and outside the box;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with shifting deadlines and stakeholder needs;
- A strong team player who is also a self-starter with a desire to take on new challenges;
- Excellent time management skills; must be flexible and able to work outside of normal business hours as needed;
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities, impeccable communication, and people skills.
- Firm grasp of MS Office, Google Business Suite, and various business and project management software
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Marketing, Communications, or related field or commesurate training
- Previous event management experience preferred
This is a full-time benefits-eligible position with a minimum starting salary range of $45,000 per year.
Submit a resume and cover letter describing your experience and interest in the role, names and contact information of at least 3 professional and personal references, as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The FFBWW office is located at 6601 Grand Teton Plaza, Suite A2, Madison, WI 53719. The Marketing Communications and Events Coordinator will be based out of the Black Women’s Wellness Center.
Contact email@example.com with any questions. No calls please.
About the Foundation for Black Women’s Wellness
Established in June 2012, The Foundation for Black Women’s Wellness is a Wisconsin based non-profit organization committed to mobilizing Black women to pursue and sustain mind-body-spirit wellness, and to raise the visibility and support of Black women’s health as a community and public health priority.
Empowering a Generation of Well Black Women.
We energize, mobilize and support Black women to transform their lives through education, advocacy and powerful partnerships.
We envision a world where Black women are healthy, thriving, and free.